Level 3 Certification Exam - Xactimate Mastery (Subject Matter Expert)
This Level 3 Certification Exam verifies that the user has full mastery of the Xactimate 28 estimating system and can be considered an Xactimate 28 subject matter expert.
The Level 3 Certification Exam is broken into three different sections. The three sections are as follow:
- Sketch and Scope Lab: In this hands-on lab, individuals are required to use their own locally installed Xactimate (or online version) to create an estimate. The most recent version of Xactimate 28 is required. The estimate consists of a Sketch and scope scenario that must be completed accurately. The estimate will be used to answer the questions found in the Practical Exam section. The Sketch and Scope Lab is not timed, and individuals may exit and return to the lab as needed prior to beginning the Practical Exam and Knowledge Exam. The approximate time required to complete this section is 120 – 240 minutes.
- Practical Exam: In this section of the exam, individuals are asked 40 questions pertaining to the estimate created in the Sketch and Scope Lab. Questions are specific to the scope, quantities, dimensions, and pricing from the estimate. This section of the exam is timed. Closing the Practical Exam prior to completion will result in an automatic FAIL. The approximate time required to complete this section is 30 – 90 minutes.
- Knowledge Exam: This portion of the exam consists of 40 multiple-choice, true/false, and matching questions. Questions are related to the learning objectives listed below in the Knowledge Requirements section of this document. This section of the exam is timed. Closing the Knowledge Exam prior to completion will result in an automatic FAIL. The approximate time required to complete this section is 30 – 90 minutes.
Passing grade is 70%. The time limit for the Practical Exam and Knowledge Exam is 240 minutes.
Results with associated learning objectives will be available immediately for review upon completing the exam.
Individuals will be required to demonstrate that the following learning objectives have been met:
Learning Objective Description
- The user can manage and input pertinent Claim Info and Estimate Parameters, including: Notes, Details, Labor Burdens, Advance Payments, Tag visibility, Market Condition distribution and ability to import Contact information.
- The user can demonstrate understanding of advanced Sketch navigation and techniques including: window repositioning, adding Sketch tabs, room dimensioning, changing colors and textures, and importing floor plans.
- The user demonstrates understanding of advanced Estimate Items navigation and scoping techniques including: simultaneously adding items to multiple rooms, using Grouping Filters and Item Scenarios.
- The user demonstrates understanding of techniques to estimate in Sketch including use of the Add Line Item pad and adding graphical representations for line items.
- The user demonstrates understanding of the Sketch Construction features and views.
- The user demonstrates understanding of exterior estimating techniques including: creating a building footprint, generating exterior walls from a roof, using multiple sketch pads, drawing elevations in Sketch and using exterior level variables.
- The user demonstrates understanding of Deck and Fence estimation tools found in Sketch.
- The user can demonstrate understanding of inspections that take place when completing and printing an estimate.
- The user demonstrates understanding of administrative features associated with Preferences, Projects, and Data Transfer.
- The user demonstrates understanding of reports and document upload techniques including: Report Macros, Merging Reports, Attached Docs, Template Docs, custom Sketch views, Report Scenarios.
- The user can diagram a multi-level structure in Sketch using the following: Complex Room Shapes, Multiple Ceiling Types, Arced Walls, Free-standing Walls, Custom Staircases, Custom Wall Openings, Decks, Orientation Tool, Reference Areas/Blocks, Subgroups, Level Variables C, IW, F, EW, TSF.
- The user can accurately identify and configure Sketch settings using the following: Deck Construction, Footing Construction, Railing Construction, Room and Wall Construction, Staircase Construction, Floor Covering Properties, and Roof Construction.
- The user can accurately draw a roof Sketch using the following: Complex Roof Shapes, Multi-Level Roofs, Roof Properties, Roof Types, Square Break Tool, Roof Overbuild, Dormers, Multiple, Multiple Roof Levels, Vertex Tool, Subgroups, Roof Variables RSQ, SF, P, R, VAL, HIP, EAVE, RAKE.
- The user can estimate in Sketch and Estimate Items using the following: Reference Search, Keyword Search, Related\Similar Items, Graphical Estimation, Subgroups, Multi-Room Item Entry, Macros, Flooring Tools, Custom Calculations, Reference Block/Area Behaviors, and Sketch Construction.
- The user can estimate Roofs in Sketch and Estimate Items using the following: Reference Search, Keyword Search, Related\Similar Items, Graphical Estimation, Subgroups, Single Roof Faces, Multi- Roof Item Entry, Item Property Editor, and Roof Waste.
- The user can accurately identify and configure pricing features such as: Price Lists, Unit Price, Component Prices, Line Item Total, Estimate Parameters, Sales Tax, Supporting Events, Labor Minimums, View Reports, Net Claim, and Coverages.
- Attend Reztimate Training and Consultings Fundamental and Proficiency 2 or 3 day course.
If you are a professional working in the building and insurance repair industry, you recognize the value of an accurate repair estimate. Xactimate certification validates that a user has the knowledge to accurately and efficiently create an estimate in Xactimate. Benefits of being a certified Xactimate user include:
- Marketing yourself as one of the most proficient Xactimate users in the business.
- Giving employers confidence that you are a certified Level 3 Xactimate user.
- Having the opportunity to be listed in the User Certification Directory.
- Receiving a Level 3 certificate.